September 30, 2020
June 10 – September 30, 2020
Our summer-long virtual tour invites you to get out and ride as often as possible while raising funds for LMB and supporting the “Think aHEAD” campaign of the Brain Injury Association of Michigan. This is a chance for you to help make Michigan bicycling better.
How to Share the Bike-Joy
2. Share your bike-joy! Post those helmet wearing photos on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter with #USofBikes. Bike joy can be commuting, running a bike errand, taking an epic ride, going on a family outing, doing community service, or a pic of your favorite LMB t-shirt out in the world! At the end of the summer, we'll give away a $50 gift card to American Cycle & Fitness to one randomly-chosen photo submitter!
3. Set a Ride Smart, Ride Safe example. With all the bikes being dusted off and heading outdoors, this is a great time to model for drivers and riders proper hand signals, sharing the road and using a helmet! Don't forget to post those helmet wearing photos as a way to support and promote "Think aHEAD" and LMB! Not a social media person? You can also send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org if you prefer.
4. Join our community by becoming a member, donating, and following our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages. You can also support LMB's work to make Michigan bicycling better by:
Registering as a Fundraiser
Proceeds help support our Micro-Grant fund. Fundraisers help by paying a $35 registration fee and have the option to do additional fundraising. In return, we'll send you a United States of Bikes t-shirt. Of course, we would love it if you decided to fundraise for us!
To show our thanks for your efforts, everyone who registers as a fundraiser and raises $100 or more will also receive (in addition to the t-shirt) an iconic Detroit Bikes snapback cap and some awesome LMB mystery swag!
Register as a Stoker and commit to raising $250.
Stokers are bike-joy powerhouses, committed to raising $250. Stokers don't pay a $35 registration fee – instead, they personally guarantee that they'll raise at least $250 (or donate the difference.) As a token of our gratitude, after a Stoker reaches the $250 goal, we'll give them a Detroit Bikes snapback cap, an LMB Hoodie, the amazing United States of Bikes t-shirt and LMB mystery swag!
At the end of United States of Bikes in September, as we’re sending out all the t-shirts, hats and swag, we’ll also acknowledge the top fundraiser over $250 by presenting them a Detroit Bikes Sparrow bicycle!
We are the League of Michigan Bicyclists (LMB). Our mission is to improve life through bicycling. No matter what you ride, where you ride, or why you ride, LMB works to make Michigan bicycling better.
- We work to provide bicyclists, bike shops and all the bicycle events and tours in Michigan with a voice in the legislative process.
- We work to educate children and adults on how to ride safely.
- We work to educate new drivers and law enforcement on how to protect bicyclists.
- We work to help provide children with bicycle helmets.
- We work to help local community bicycle co-ops, coalitions and infrastructure projects through our Micro-Grant program.
- We work to create bicycle tours and events so people can enjoy Michigan by bike.
LMB - Life Made Better